For the past few years, I have been a devoted follower of your interspace and time travelogues. Your passion for exploration and adventure, your strong sense of responsibility, and your personal moral struggles have been most inspiring to me, among many others on this planet (go to any fan convention and you’ll see what I mean).
Because of this inspiration, and truly all flatteries aside, I’m writing to you today with a particular mission of my own. I would like to offer you my services as your next travelling companion. Now it is quite odd that I’m submitting a letter of interest as opposed to us meeting each other in some crazy happenstance on one of your visits to Earth, but I don’t live in the UK and that puts me at a great disadvantage.
Please allow me to provide you with some of my qualifications:
1. I am great travelling company. I have a go-with-the-flow attitude and will be happy to hop along for the ride where/whenever the TARDIS takes us. After all, she told you herself that she takes you wherever you need to be. Now this is not to say that when we get to our destination that I won’t wander off. After all, the plot needs to be moved forward by some sort of action, and I’ll be happy to stumble upon some dark conspiracy, some alien race hiding amongst humans, or Daleks plotting to conquer the planet. If there’s not a bit of danger, then where’s the fun? I promise you that I’ll find trouble or that it will manage to find me.
2. I don’t have a full grasp on all of the vast depths of this timey-wimey stuff. Paradoxes, timelines, alternate universes, etc can get extremely complicated, but that’s actually quite beneficial. A companion needs to ask the “whys” and “hows” for the audience to understand the concepts and information presented to them. After all, we humans are helpless children compared to a Time Lord with over 1,000 years of wisdom and knowledge under his belt. I can continue the tradition of being the information conduit to my fellow Whovians out there, and I’d like to think that I’m bright enough to ask the right questions. Also, I promise to never seek out versions of myself, thus putting the universe at risk.
3. I am fully vaccinated, have no major health or physical concerns, and am in decent enough shape to run away from Cybermen at any given moment. I’m also quite good at blinking one eye at a time.
4. I’m quite handy to have around, and am inclined to learn basic TARDIS operations. I also happen to carry around a multi tool and a sonic screwdriver (replica) in my purse, because you never know when you might need it.
5. I can fake British accent.
I would love an opportunity to visit with you to get your insight and suggestions on where my skills and abilities would be of the greatest value to you on your adventures, and to inquire about possible travels with you in the future… or past… or whenever.
To arrange an appointment, you may contact me in the year 2013.
Yours Truly, with time to spare,